Wednesday, May 23, 2012

A train ride to Milan

It’s Marlee checking in! Today we started our day off with a three-hour train ride to Milan. This was actually mine and Kelsey's first train ride ever! I was super pumped about it! The train was way more modernized than I expected it to be, but that's probably because I live in a fantasy world and expected it to look just like the one in Harry Potter. 

Arriving in Milan after a three-hour train ride.
The train ride actually ended up being pretty nice, not too rough and it was quick. I tried to stay up so I could check out the landscape we would be going through, but being up so late last night caught up to me, as well as everyone else. Once we got to Milan, everyone was antsy about getting to explore and shop, considering it is one of the top fashion capitals of the world. 

We took a cab to our hotel, and it's amazing how much different Milan is from Rome. Milan is way more city-like, and kind of dirty, whereas Rome was more old school and traditional. After we arrived at our hotel, we went and ate at the Italian National Team training center. I would've never thought they had what was like a restaurant and a bar and what not in there. Once we filled up on carbs, we rested and then watched the Italian men's national team. The guys we were watching are trying to make the travel roster. They are on the national team, but they only take 12 with them to London for the Olympics. I have never really watched men's volleyball before, but just watching them practice was amazing. They were so athletic and powerful! It was awesome. It definitely got some of us riled up and ready to play.


The Galleria
Once we were done watching them, we took the bus to downtown Milan where there are TONS of shopping spots and a beautiful church called Duomo. We split from the coaches and headed straight for the shopping area. Once we were done blowing our euros most of the girls decided to go eat. Here they have people standing outside luring you into their restaurant. I have never experienced this. They were bargaining with us and everything; it was quite the experience. The place we chose was bomb! The pizza was the best I have ever had. There is no way I'll be able to settle for Pizza Hut or Domino’s anymore; the bar is set waaayy too high!
CSU in front of the Duomo.

Well, that about sums up our day! I am having the time of my life on this trip and couldn't have asked for better people to come with! I'm excited to see what else is in store for us!

God bless America, 
Marlee Reynolds

No comments:

Post a Comment